This Is Us
“Derek” and “Tessa” flank the ampersand in and out of the office. But frankly, the office is what matters to you.
Taking on distinct and complimentary roles allows us to bring more to our clients and do more for our clients. The idea behind Sussner Design Company is also the fact within Sussner Design Company — we are partners. First and foremost, we actively partner with our clients. And to make that first and foremost partnership the best it can be, we partner with a heroic collection of very talented people. No matter how a project is configured, we are the people responsible, accountable and always available. C’mon people, let’s do something great.
Derek SussnerProud Owner Guy
Sure, he’s a guy you’d like to have a brewed beverage with, but can he deliver the design, marketing, customer-compelling results you need? Unquestionably, “yes.” Underneath that tidy, easy-going exterior is a tidy, easy-going man of integrity and powerful talent. Derek believes (cheeky monkey that he is) that great things happen when people work with passion, purpose and the occasional punch line. The sweet mojo at SDCo is the direct and determined doing of The Sussner Himself. (Disclaimer: I write frequently for Derek and Company. I know stuff and it’s all good. Call Jeff at 612-823-6645 and I’ll happily elaborate.)
- Works side-by-side with wife Tessa and they remain very happily married. Tessa is an absolutely indispensable (they know because they tried without her) part of the SDCo success.
- Takes “Dad” job very seriously and it shows.
- Has a peculiar fascination with golf.
- Has a peculiar fascination with primates (especially golfing primates).
Tessa SussnerWoman of the year, every year since 2002
It’s time to testify. Ms. Sussner is at various times a designer, an art director, a traffic/client/office manager, a production coordinator and apparently a superior life-form from a distant planet. T. Sussner brings a highly-machined order and inordinate amount of good-nature (and yes, some occasional sarcasm) to the SDCo operation. The lucky few have actually witnessed her move objects with her mind.
- Works extremely well with others, including and improbably Mr. Sussner.
- Possesses many “World’s Greatest Mom” coffee mugs, halter-top and finger paintings to prove her prowess in that realm also.
- Her brothers call her “Ted” (of course they do).
- Believes that fun is an excellent idea.